*Feb 24th is free pancake day at IHOP!
If you're into that. I'm not really, but thought I'd throw it out there for those who are.
* I've seen the new work uniform and all I can say is BLEACK! I mean, I'm just glad I have a job, but....
Luckily, the new employer allows certain types of clothes if I want to buy it on my own. Will wait until the work clothes arrive to decide then.
* In the meantime, some co-workers are chuckling at me for being over-dressed. Hehe. Thanks again SA, for dressing me up. But it's temporary, until the work clothes arrive.
* Everyone here knows there is a psychological aspect to money. Although the numbers on my budget is working according to plan, a small part of me is very uncomfortable, and even somewhat distressed about having such a low cash reserve from the 401(k) challenge.
Is it crazy of me to look forward to next week because my paycheck is suppose to "normalize"?
* Speaking of the 401(k) challenge, my net worth is going to be up more than usual this month. At first, it perplexed me as to why that would be, but quickly realized that it was because my 401(k) contributions are noticeably higher than my usual expenditures that is depleting the cash reserve. Hehe, duh.
I still badly want to re-build my cash reserve though, but won't be able to do so until March rolls around. It is crazy of me to look forward to March simply because of this?
* Believe it or not, but there's a new frugality & simple living meet-up group that has recently formed in my area. Unfortunately, it consists almost exclusively of stay-at-home mothers with children.
Not that there is anything wrong with that now, but... I am finding that besides the desire to be frugal, I don't have much in common with this particular group. Weird isn't it, considering that I hang out with exactly people like this online. Ah, but that's just it; it's only online. I don't know about how well it would work in real life. Still, I'll do what I can to support this group, and see what happens.